We are a trusted member-based organization advocating on behalf of all Manitobans and providing products and services essential to their safety and peace of mind.
We aspire for every household in Manitoba to have a CAA Membership.
CAA Club Group (CCG)
Manitoba Advisory Committee
CAA Manitoba President
Colleen Johnston, FCHRP
Education: Bachelor of Education, University of Manitoba.
History with CAA Manitoba: Colleen joined the CAA MB Board in 2010 and currently serves as Chair. She is also Chair of the Human Resources Committee. She has previously chaired the Investment and Public & Government Affairs Committees and serves as a member of the Audit Committee.
Other board experience: Colleen's other Board experience includes:
- Past President/Chair - Human Resource Management Association of Manitoba
- Past Director, Canadian Council of Human Resource Associations
- University of Manitoba - Alumni Association
- Past Chair, Youth Business Learning & Development Centre (Educare Inc.)
- Past Director, Parkinson Society of Manitoba
Career/business profile: Colleen is the Director, Total Rewards, Health & Wellness for Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Corporation and a member of the Manitoba Labour Board. Colleen is a founding Director of the Canadian Council of Human Resource Associations and a former member of the Canada Labour Code Review Committee in Ottawa. She has represented Canada at the United Nations in Geneva and has represented Manitoba on the National Professional Practice Examination Committee.
Personal notes: Colleen enjoys travel and is an avid golfer.
Paul V. Jacuzzi
Education: Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Western Ontario. MBA, McMaster University.
History with CAA Manitoba: Paul joined the CAA MB Board in 2014 and serves as Vice-Chair. He is also Chair of the Investment Committee and a member of the Human Resources Committee.
Other board experience: Paul's other Board experience includes:
- Board Member, Canadian Water Quality Association, 2002-2006 (Vice Chair, 2005-2006)
- Board Member, Balmoral Hall School, Winnipeg, MB, 2003-2008
- Board Member, Manitoba Italian Chamber of Commerce, 2002-2009 (President 2005-2010)
- Board Member, Misericordia Health Centre Foundation, 2007-2010 (Golf Chair 2007-2010)
- Chair, Moving Forward Together Campaign, 2009-2012
Career/business profile: Since 1999, Paul has been CEO of Waterite Technologies, Inc., his family-owned manufacturing and distribution business headquartered in Winnipeg. His 35-year career has been spent primarily in the commercial plumbing and waterworks industries in executive management roles. These have included: Vice President Sales and Marketing, Mueller Canada Inc., Vice President and General Manager, Clow Canada and President, Watts Industries (Canada), Inc. He has extensive experience in CNC machine shop and foundry management, collective bargaining and labour relations, mergers and acquisitions and in directing national marketing and promotional campaigns.
Personal notes: Paul is active in many community charitable and volunteer organizations. He is an avid golf and aviation enthusiast, a motor sports fan and enjoys global travel with his wife Rosie and daughter Robin.
Raymond A. Cadieux, CA, FCA
Education: B Com. (Hons), University of Ottawa. Licentiate in Accounting, Laval University.
History with CAA Manitoba: Ray joined the CAA MB Board in 1983 and is a past Chair. He served as Chair of the CAA National Board between 1995-1997 and was a Canadian representative to the AAA Board between 1997-2003.
Other board experience: Ray's other Board experience includes:
- Board Member, Misericordia Health Centre
- Board member and Chairman of Misericordia Hospital Corporation
Career/business profile: Ray is a retired partner of PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC). His main area of practice was industry focused assurance and advisory services for public, private and not-for-profit clients.
Awards/papers published: Ray represented Canada as a member of the Olympic hockey team in the 1964 and 1968 Olympic Games in Innsbruck and Grenoble respectively.
Personal notes: Ray is active in many community charitable and volunteer organizations. He is an avid golfer and loves to travel.
Brent Fawkes, Chartered Accountant
Education: BA (Hons), MAcc, University of Manitoba.
History with CAA Manitoba: Brent joined the CAA Manitoba board in January 2015.
Other board experience: Brent's other Board experience includes:
- Board Member, Medicure Inc., 2013 - Present (Chair - Audit Committee)
- Board Member, Twins AA Hockey Association, 2012 - 2014
- Board Member, Fort Garry North Hockey Association, 2007 - 2011
Career/business profile: Brent is a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years of experience in accounting, finance and tax. Over the past 18 years at Standard Aero Limited, one of the world's largest independent providers of aircraft engine & component services, he has acquired extensive knowledge in financing, M&A activity including new business start-up worldwide. Mr. Fawkes is currently Vice-President, Finance, a position he has held since 2005, overseeing external & corporate reporting, budgeting and treasury management.
Personal notes: When Brent is not involved with his son's busy sporting schedules, as spectator and coach, he enjoys home improvement projects and being outdoors. Mr. Fawkes is a sports enthusiast, holding Blue Bomber season tickets for the past 25 years as well as attending car racing events and Jets games.
Bill Ladyman, MBA, CIM, FMA
Education: MBA, Regis University. Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), University of Manitoba.
History with CAA Manitoba: Bill joined the CAA MB Board in 2005 and served as Chair from 2012 to 2015. He served as Vice Chair from 2010-2011 and has Chaired the Executive, Public & Government Affairs and Investment Committees. He has been on the CAA National Board since 2014.
Other board experience: Bill's other Board experience includes:
- Chair, Parent Advisory Council, St. John's - Ravenscourt School
- Chair, Recreational Soccer, Winnipeg South End United
- Director, Metro Club (Winnipeg)
Career/business profile: Bill is an Investment Advisor and Financial Planner with HollisWealth Global Wealth Management (a division of Scotiabank), working with successful professionals and business owners to help them accumulate, grow and protect their wealth. Bill has been building his practice in Winnipeg and across Canada over the past ten years.
History with CAA Manitoba: Don joined the CAA MB Board in 1991 and served as Chair from 1996-1999. He has been a member of the CAA National Board since 1999 and completed a two year term as Chair in 2005.
Other board experience: Don's other Board experience includes:
- Elected to the AAA Board in 2006, serving as Secretary from 2012-2013 and Vice-Chair from 2013-2015
- Past Chair of the Board of Club Auto Roadside Services Limited
- Chair of the Recreational Vehicle Dealers' Association of Canada from 1999-2001, and served four years as the Canadian member on the Board of the Recreational Vehicle Dealers' Association - America
- Board Member, Brandon Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Provincial Exhibition Summer Fair
- Chair, Keystone Centre (Brandon)
- Chair, VIP's and Protocol, World Junior Hockey Tournament
Career/business profile: Since 1978, Don has been President of Pik-A-Dilly Trailer Sales (1978) Ltd., a Recreational Vehicle dealership. He is President of Main Group, Inc. a holding company that has held ownership interest in a variety of retail operations ranging from office supplies to retail furniture, appliance and electronics sales as well as a trade show rental display company. Main Group, Inc. also holds an ownership interest in a recreational vehicle dealership in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Awards/papers published: In 2001, Don was honored as the Brandon Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year. Don is also an “Advanced” level coach in the Canadian Hockey Coach's Certification Program. He has been the recipient of a number of awards for his contribution to Canada's Recreational Vehicle industry, including the RVDA/Camping Canada Canadian RV Dealer of the Year.
Education: Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba.
History with CAA Manitoba: Tom joined the CAA MB Board in 2015 and is on the Governance and Public & Government Affairs Committees.
Other board experience: Tom's other Board experience includes:
- Mosaic Family Resource Network, Board Member, Treasurer, 2013-present
- Manitoba Major Soccer League, Board Member, Member at Large, 2009-2010
- Hellenic Cultural Centre Building Committee, Board Member, 2003-2004
Career/business profile: Tom is an executive professional with a proven ability to drive cultural and organizational change. He is currently a Senior Vice President with Celero, a Financial IT Services provider. He manages a team of Vice Presidents and directors with a divisional portfolio that includes Sales, Client Care, Professional Services, Strategic Outsourcing, and the Project Management Office. During his various leadership roles Tom has shown consistent performance in managing budgets, resources, and human capital. He has also proven to be an effective coach and mentor with a unique ability to motivate and build high performance teams.
Awards/papers published: QUE Publishers, CLP Certification Guide, 1998.
Personal notes: Tom is an avid cyclist and has visited the Madonna del Ghisallo cycling shrine in northern Italy. Tom is also an automobile enthusiast where he follows various auto blogs on a daily basis. In what some would call a movie career, Tom, his wife Toula and his three children had roles as extras in the highest grossing romantic comedy film of all time, My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
Susan Waywell, CPA, CA
A member of CAA South Central Ontario’s Board of Directors since 2003, Susan is the Board Chair. She is a retired Partner at Collins Blay LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants in Kingston.
Her past professional highlights include the following:
- Member of the Audit Committee of Queen’s University and Treasurer of the Community Foundation of Greater Kingston and member of the Investment Committee
- Chair, Accounting Division – United Way Campaign
- President of the Board of Directors of the Estate Planning Council of Eastern Ontario
- President of the Queen’s Business Club, Kingston Branch
- Director of Kingston and District Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Chair of the Membership Committee and Member of the Finance Committee
- Treasurer of Church Athletic League of Kingston
- Vice Chair and Treasurer of the Stanton Yellowknife Hospital Board.
Susan has also been a member of the Professional Conduct Committee of the former Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (ICAO) (now Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario), past chair of the Applications Committee of the ICAO, and past President of the Eastern Ontario Chartered Accountants Association.
Along with her role as Chair of the Board, she is currently the Vice Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee, and sits on all committees of CAA South Central Ontario’s Board of Directors.
Amy Bryson, BA (Hon), LL.B, ICD.D
A member of the CAA South Central Ontario Board of Directors since May 8, 2008, Amy is currently the Vice Chair of the Board. She is the Director of HBA Recruiting & Admissions at Ivey Business School, Western University. Prior to taking on this challenge, she practiced corporate commercial law in London, Ontario, for 12 years, 11 of them with McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP. Her experience in corporate law, financings, and mergers and acquisitions in the insurance industry, is an invaluable asset to the organization.
Deeply committed to her community, Amy served for nine years as a Director and held various offices, including President of Main Street London Revitalization Organization. As well, she served for many years as a member of the Better Business Bureau's Charitable Review Committee and is a former member of the Ministry and Personnel Committee at Metropolitan United Church. Currently, she serves as a member of the Huron University College Executive Board, is Chair of its Student Affairs Committee and also serves on its Governance Committee.
Along with her role as Vice Chair of the Board, she is the Chair of the Governance and Nominating Committee, and sits on all committees of CAA South Central Ontario’s Board of Directors.